We implemented a remote debuggers for the
devices 16F628, 16F88, 16F87x and iL-TROLL. This allows you, with just
one single io pin, to communicate with a computer via RS232. Keep in
contact with your target. The software iL-DEBUG.EXE runs on your
computer while in your target runs your application. $DEBUG is a
compiler switch to include debugging code into your BASIC program. This
additional debug code is not visible. A small bios in your target
informs you computer about the actual BASIC line and the contents of
variables. Because this additional code can corrupt some time critical
routines the switches $TRON and $TROFF can suppress or enable the debug
code. Your critical code runs at the same speed as it will do in the
final application. This makes sens, doesn't it!
Debug commands are SINGLE STEP, CONTINOUS
MODE, BREAKPOINTS. Watch and modify the variable values.
Other expansions and corrections
It's iL_BAS16 10th
anniversary. It has been released in September 1995 for the first time.
Many, many modifications and expansions have been made. Thank you very
much. Without your hints, advices and helps its success would be less.
became so powerful it is time to make it more flexible. We have many
Since December 2004 we did a lot of
expansions and bugfixws.
New Release 5.6!!!
- iL_BAS16STD and iL_BAS16PRO support PIC10F200,
PIC10F202, PIC10F204 and PIC10F206
- Many customers asked for connecting lcds
via a parallel-serial converter such as the 74LS164. Selection can
be done by the new command LCDTYPE n.
- Bugfix: If using TMR0 for CLOCK timebase
the pullups at RB were always turned off.
- Bugfix: PRINT a decimal value was wrong.
Of Inspiration I" is now available as a kit with all required
parts or ready-to-use.
- New timebase
for CLOCK command. Instead of using TMR0 as the timebase for CLOCK
you can use TMR1 to get the internal interupt driven real time clock
(if TMR1 is implemented). The new syntax is CLOCK1 and the parameter
list is the same as for CLOCK.
- New example programs for "Flash Of
Inspiration I" (hardware-PWM and Analogue converting with
- Chapter "FREQIN" in HELP and
- There is an error in the "iL_ISP_U
manual". In the chapter "Hints for ICSP programming"
paragraph "General" the pin 1 and pin 5 are mixed up. The
table must look as below:
USB (don't use it)
power supply during programing)
signal for relais (if necessary)
(13.5V) to enter program/verify mode of the PIC
||download the latest bugfixed documation
vielleicht waren Sie in der letzten Zeit etwasmaybe you are a
little be disappointed about missing changes on our homepage. Don't
be afraid, we do not stop out products iL_BAS16, iL_SIM16 and
iL_PRG16. In contrary, we developped two new products. These are the
evaluation board "Flash Of Inspriration I" and iL_ISP_U
that is a in-circuit programmer for USB. Please visit the sites.
- The following modifications are done:
- Bugfix in calculation of parity odd.
- SERIN and/or SEROUT can be used with
different baude rate and different parity.
- Bugfix: When calculated DW = DW / BY the
result could be wrong.
- Bugfix: BINTOASC worked like BINTODEC.
- Some bugfixes have to be done.
- An alternative connection scheme for lcd
is available. Now the upper 6 lines of an port are used to free RB0
which is often used as interrupt line. Two new keyword for LCDINIT
are created: UPLINES and UPLINESX.
BASIC comands are implemented: LOCATE y,x ; CURSON
and CURSOFF for better lcd function.
- Now 16F87, 16F88 and 16F628A are supported
- iL_EDy understands some Wordstar
compatible hot keys. Now you can work more ... (what should I
explain, I think you know)
- Some bugfixes and some new function
has been implemented. A new compiler switch $WDTUSR is now useable.
Together with the new BASIC statement CLRWDT and WDT_ON in DEFINE
DEVICE it is posible to supress the automatic insertation of clrwdt
after each BASIC line. Therefore is is your responsibility to clear
the watchdog periodically. Until now this must be done by assembler
includes. The selected watchdog period is about 2.3 seconds.
- We expand LET assignment for array
variables. Now you can write LET field(var) = var1, const1,... (up
to 10 arguments).
|The new compiler release 5.5 is available
now. The new features are:
- 32 bit arithmetic (unsigned double word)
for iL_BAS16PRO, the professional version. 32 bit variables gets the
new type of DBLWORD.
- Complete integration in MICROCHIP's MPLAB.
Symbolic debugging of BASIC programms.
- More optimisations within the 8 bit
arithmetic and logic.
- Conditional compiling (not nestable) with
$IF, $ELSE and $ENDIF.
- PRINT statement also for 16F627/628 and
- Implementation of 4 I2C basic routines:
I2CRD, I2CSP, I2CST and I2CWR
- new BASIC keywords: BINTOBCD, BINTOASC =
CONASC, BINTODEC = CONDEC
- You may declare the LVP and BODEN bit
within DEFINE DEVICE (like wdt_on, etc).
- The new key word EEDATA(addr), data1,...
predefines values for the internal data eeprom.
- iL_BAS16SEP works now with: 12F629,
16F627, 16F628, 16F84 and 16F877.
- also new in standard version iL_BAS16STD
and professional version iL_BAS16PRO: 12F629, 12F675, 16F818 and
|Microchip established for its PIC 16F87xA
and PIC 16F818/819 a new programming algorithm. Therefore a new firmware
release is available. Please contact us.
|The software for iL_BAS16PRO our PIC prototype programer is now
Windows program, too. We deliver this version since July 2002. To use
this software a firmware upgrade of iL_PRG16PRO is necessary.
|Since May 2001 a new Windows IDE is available
(see Download) . Our PIC simulator iL_SIM16
is still a DOS program.
|Since September 2000 all manuals are available as PDF files.
|To newcomers we want to make their decision easier. Therefore we
released two new low budget versions:
* iL_BAS16SES supports only 16F84 and costs only EURO 23,20
(incl. 16% VAT)
* iL_BAS16SEP supports 16F84 and 16F877! for only EURO 156,60
(incl. 16% VAT)
The shareware version for 16C83 (fits perfectly in the 16F84) is still
If you want to upgrade you must only pay the difference in price!!